- Financial Times "Hammond champions two year transition deal to cushion Brexit" (Independence broadly)
- Telegraph "Hammond accused of Brexit treachery" (Leave)
- Guardian "Brexit threat to safe and stable food supplies" (Remain)
- i Paper "Cabinet chaos as Brexit talks resume" (Remain)
At the weekend, the comments Lord Adonis made were mis-interpreted in a way that can only be described as #FakeNews. Tories targeting a Labour peer.
Trying to undermine Philip Hammond is the other travesty. Tories targeting a Conservative!:
- Philip denies saying anything derogatory in Cabinet about women as train drivers. He has two daughters in their twenties and I know the feeling!
- His comments in cabinet about public sector workers being overpaid he has clarified as reflecting generous pensions. Labour are interpreting it as about cash. Philip was quoting independent research that public pay is some 10% above private sector, all things considered. And "on average" not any specific groups, some of which can be under the private sector benchmark..