|Deadline: 4pm Thursday 11 May 2017|
Now that deadline has passed, we're looking to the future.
The Just Political Party stands for:
- A Strong Economy
- A Caring Society
- Anti-Brexit (or at least a Soft Brexit), because of the way Brexit is expected to undermine the first two aims
- Existing MPs from Conservative or Labour parties, principally those in the attached list who backed Remain
- New talent for Remain seats where a Leave candidate is expected win i.e. which have lead candidates from Conservative or Labour parties.
If you are an MP on this list attached, or backed Remain, you are likely to fit better into The Just Party than your existing party. You'll also have far greater influence on policy and the manifesto. This list includes:
- Ex Conservative Cabinet Ministers, such as Nicky Morgan
- Current Cabinet Ministers, who were staunch Remainers, including Philip Hammond, Chancellor (but rumoured not to be for much longer).
- Senior Labour MPs in Corbyn's "hostile" group, such as Harriet Harman, the former acting leader, and leadership candidate Liz Kendall
- Those in Corbyn's "core group negative" such as leadership candidate Dan Jarvis
- Those in his "neutral not hostile" group, such as Angela Eagle
Further notes for Labour folk
Further notes for Conservative folk
There are some other constituencies where the incumbent MP campaigned for Brexit, and so would not be suitable as a Just Party candidate. So new talent is invited to apply for future elections for:
- Other Remain seats where the recent MP is Labour or a Tory leaver
Or if you know any of these people, please bring this to their attention. The challenge of growing The Just Party is ongoing. Thanks!
The Just Party is recruiting
More about The Just Party