- Many voters had supported New Labour, but this option had disappeared with Labour's move to the left
- The Tories were still the "nasty party"
- The LibDems were still too far left for most people.
The situation is even more acute now:
- The Labour Party has moved further to the left under Jeremy Corbyn
- The Tories won GE2015 outright with a centrist promise, but have since lurched right with a hard Brexit agenda
- The LibDems are not filling the centrist void, especially right of centre
- The Green Party and UKIP couldn't possibly represent the centre
So that's why The Just Political Party is needed more than at any time in decades. It's
"Great Aspirations. Great Britain" which of course includes the whole of the UK!
Further details are here.
In principle, can we count on your support?